Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Motivation


Maybe this is the problem.  I usually tell myself the night before, "I Can Do This".  Maybe, just maybe, I should tell myself in the morning.  That's it, I'm sure.  I have things that I should be doing, but just can't motivate myself to get it done.  I started cleaning and organizing my storage room 2 weeks ago.  And, that's where it ended.  I use to just plow through and finish what I start. But, here the room sits and it's not done.  I need to get it done.  I will get it done.  How hard can it be?
I'm sitting here watching Gilmore Girls and listening to the wind.  I can hardly wait for Spring to arrive.  It's not too far away, is it?  I am so tired of the cold, wind, snow, ice.....
I am looking forward to next week and praying for good weather.  Rachel and Daniel will be traveling to Iowa on Wednesday after she's finished at the Y.  We always love to have them come home for a visit and it's so much fun to see how much Daniel has grown and how many more words he knows.  Kendra will take Friday off from work and come home Thursday evening.
So, I'm guessing I'll at least be motivated at some time to clean before they arrive.  However, most of it will have to be done on Tuesday.  Wednesday is a full day of appointments for Mom and I have one as well.  I'll have to write a list and follow through or nothing will get done.  And, I will. You know how it is.  If company is coming, you can fly through the house and get it done.
Well, that's what I've been doing.  Nothing.  Waiting for motivation.  And, it will happen.
Hope you all are getting more accomplished than me.  Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment