Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!

Well, I rang in the New Year just where I wanted to be.  In bed, asleep.  Yah, me!  I think I was in bed by 10:30 and asleep soon after.  2014 arrived just fine without me.  LOL
I slept in until about 9:30 and finally crawled out of bed.  I needed to get my pork chops in the crockpot for supper.  Got caught up on Facebook and then decided to head down to ride my bike before the game.  I looked online to see what time it was going to start ~ 12:30.  I got in 50 minutes, came up and Alan said, it started at Noon.  Huh?  So, of course I had to look again.  Yup, read it wrong.  It was 12:03.  Oh, well.  Now we are hoping the Hawkeyes can get a win.
That's about all that's on my schedule for the day.  I may go down for another ride later.  We shall see.  I am hoping to stay on task with eating right and exercising in 2014.
Let's watch ourselves melt and get into shape this year.  I have to learn to be content with the way my body looks without clothes on.  Yes, TMI.  lol  But, because I have gained and lost so much weight in my life, everything sags and is not that appealing.  I do my best to try to think of things to do to firm up.  But, really there is not a lot I can do, other than accept it or have surgery.  And, I don't have the money, so accept it I shall.
I've decided to set 2 Goals for 2014.
1.  Continue to eat healthy and workout.
2.  Smile at everyone I see.  
I am hoping that I can keep these 2 Goals all year long.  I know that I will fall at times with number 1, so I am praying that I can pick myself up and move on when it happens.  Number 2, sometimes I find myself so engrossed in what I am doing, shopping, pumping gas, and I am sure if someone took a picture of me, I would be frowning.  So, I am going to try to think about smiling more.  You never know, it might be just what someone needs to see.
Here we go!  A new year, a new chapter of our lives.  I wonder what is before me this year and What My Story will be.  One day at a time.





No comments:

Post a Comment