Thursday, December 12, 2013

Oh, Happy Day!

Oh, Happy Day!  My shopping is completed and all packages have been mailed.  Ahead of schedule makes me feel accomplished.  Everything is also wrapped and under the trees.
I really haven't done a lot of baking.  Last weekend Kendra and I made a few sugar cookies, still need to frost those, and we made some Ginger Bread Bars, very yummy and some M&M cookies. She took the bars and the M&M cookies for an exchange at work.  I'm going to make the ring pretzels with the Hershey's Kiss melted in the middle with a green/red M&M in the middle in the next few days.  My plan is to give the neighbors a box of hot chocolate mix and a plate of the pretzel treats for Christmas.  I have the boxes of hot chocolate, now to finish it up.
Mine probably won't look this cute, but it will get the message across.
Alan and I are hoping to leave Saturday morning to go and visit his Mom and brother and sister.  We'll stop in Knoxville on our way to see Alan's Aunt Lova and Uncle Charles.  Charles is not doing well and has cancer.  Just waiting for his time on Earth to end.  We should get to Chariton no later than 1:30.  We'll head back home on Sunday.  So, praying the weather stays stable and that Alan is feeling well.  He's been fighting a bad cold.  I'm also praying I don't get it.
I am so tired of the cold.  Not sure if I'll survive the Winter or not.  But, I'm guessing I will.  LOL
Well, it's time for me to head down to ride my bike.
I hope you are all getting your shopping, baking, whatever you have left done soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment