Monday, November 25, 2013

I'm Dreaming of a White Thanksgiving?

At about 4 this morning I started hearing a loud sound outside, like something was scraping and banging.  I'm thinking, who is outside at this time of the morning and what are they doing.  I finally crawled out of bed and looked out the window to see our neighbor backing in and out of his driveway and clearing snow with his plow.  He has a lawn care business and of course what do lawn care people do in the winter.  Yup, plow snow.Snow that I didn't even know was coming.  I'm standing there thinking, you have got to be kidding me.  Every time he would back into his driveway his lights were shining into bedrooms across the street.  Guess I may as well get use to it.  I think it's gonna be a long Winter.  This is our third snow of the season. Oh, joy!  I do love looking at it, just not the cold that comes with it and of course, shoveling and going out in it.
So, needless to say, I stayed in bed and tried to fall back to sleep.  Took awhile, but I must have finally nodded off.
Today I dusted and vacuumed and made the futon into a bed. Cleaned the basement bathroom. Worked on the grocery list that I started yesterday.  Got my workout in and shoveled snow.  Not too bad outside, but chilly.  Brrrrr
I am thinking a hot bath and jammies is just around the corner.  Maybe even a cup of hot chocolate later.  :)
Tomorrow I need to get out of bed and get grocery shopping done.  Then of course I have to put it away.  I also want to bake the apple pie from Isaac Newton, love those, and bake Daniel's Birthday Cake.  And, of course do my workout.  Lots to do, but I have 3 days to do it all, so just taking my time.
Stay warm and toasty and enjoy your night.

2 comments:

  1. Pace yourself. Wouldn't want you to overdo. :)
    Wow! Third snowfall already? It might be a long winter indeed. Nice that your bedroom is at the back of your house so you don't get lights in your windows; just scraping noises. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yuck to the snow! None here yet...just cold. Blah.

    ReplyDelete