Tuesday, November 26, 2013

One More Sleep

One more sleep until at least 2 of our girls, a son in law and a grandson arrive for Thanksgiving weekend.  We are do blessed that the Elam's are able to come again this year.  And, we are blessed to have Kendra so close by.  It will be nice to spend time with all of them.  One day we will get the Beck's to join us for a Holiday event.  Might take some work though.
I got up this morning and put some sheets in the wash, ate some breakfast and headed for Walmart.  I really felt like I was going to just fly through the store, but from start to finish it took me 1 hour and 20 minutes.  Here's hoping I go everything I needed, and then some.  I broke the bank.  Next stop was Hy-Vee, because I am in love with Chick a Boom popcorn and I can only get it there.  Plus I picked up a couple of extra items there.
Got home and unloaded ALL of it and put it ALL away.  Turned the oven on and got the apple pie baking.  Then ate some lunch.  Mixed up the cake and tossed that in with the apple pie.  Smart thinking on my part.  Now I have a pumpkin pie baking.  As soon as that's done, it's down to the gym to get my workout in.
Supper is in the crockpot.  Yah, for crockpots!
After supper I probably better look at the damage to the checking account.  I'll watch some tv and just relax.
Tomorrow I have a few more things to make and I'll bake the turkey as well.
I'm glad the sun is shining today or it would be a lot colder than it is.
I better go and check the pie and keep on moving.
Enjoy your afternoon/evening.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you got an extra workout in with your running around. You tossed the cake in with the apple pie. That should be interesting! :)
    You're baking your turkey tomorrow? As in the day before Thanksgiving?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What the heck. I think it just ate my comment!
    Anyway...I thought the same thing as Aunt J!
    That popcorn is SO yummy!
    Can't wait til tomorrow! Love you!

    ReplyDelete